Argentina Veterans World Rugby Festival
8th to 15 November 2021
Monday 8th Nov – Arrive to Buenos Aires
Check inn for next 3 nights at the hotel. Welcome Dinner at Steak Restaurant of Buenos Aires
Tuesday 9th Nov – Buenos Aires
Breakfast at the hotel. Free day to explore Buenos Aires. Rugby facilities available for a training session or to have a friendly rugby fixture with a local rugby club.At night Dinner at Piazzolla Tango Show. Groupal Tango lesson included.
Wednesday 10th Nov – Buenos Aires
Breakfast at the hotel. Lunch at Belgrano Athletic Rugby Club, one of the founder’s clubs of the Argentina Rugby Union. Malbec wine tasting included. Free to enjoy the nightlife of Buenos Aires.
Thursday 11th Nov – Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata
Breakfast at the hotel. Private bus to Mar del Plata (4 hours). Arrive and check inn for next 3 nights.
Friday 12th Nov – Mar del Plata
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure to explore the city or to enjoy the beach
At night, the welcome dinner of the festival, sharing with the rest of the teams.
Saturday 13th Nov – Mar de Plata
Breakfast at the hotel. Day of matches at Comercial Rugby Club of Mar del Plata. Games start at 11:00 AM, and finish at 18:00 PM. Lunch and free beer included.
Final function. Dinner and festival awards. Final disco party.
Sunday 14th Nov – Mar del Plata to Buenos Aires
Breakfast at the hotel. Private bus to Buenos Aires (4 hours). Arrive and check inn for 1 night.
Free day in Buenos Aires
Monday 15th Nov – Depart from Buenos Aires
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out and transfer to the airport Time to head home or to start a post- festival tour.
Ages of players
Men 35 years and over, women 30 and over. Non-players are welcome too.
Competitive or social games?
Mainly social games and semi – competitive games if requested.
Usual rules for veteran’s rugby games around the world. Matches will be 2 times of 20 minutes each one, unlimited changes.
Package / Accommodations
We provide a main package based at 3 categories of hotels, including 7 nights’ accommodation with breakfast, private transfers for all activities and to Mar del Plata, the rugby and social functions in Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata.
Do we have to have a full team to enter?
NO, If you don’t have a full team we will line you up with another team or individual players in the same situation.
Matches will be played on 4 grounds at Comercial Rugby Club of Mar del Plata
All players must arrange adequate personal and medical insurance by their own
Do we need any internal flight?
NO, to go from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata you will go by a private Coach (4 hours), and this cost it’s included in the main package.
Are there pre / post events tours available?
Yes, we have several options including others cities of Argentina, Brazil, Chile or Uruguay.
ABOUT MAR DEL PLATA
The City of Mar del Plata, known as “the Happy City”, combines the beauty and charm of its natural resources with the accommodations and services available, and with the hospitality of its people.
Located 400 Km to the south of Buenos Aires, it is the most important seaside tourist center in the Republic of Argentina.
Mar del Plata has everything. Its cultural life is reminiscent of the City of Buenos Aires. The most outstanding attractions include Colón Square, Torreón del Monje, Los Troncos Neighborhood, the port and Punta Mogotes.
At night, its pubs, discos, bingos and the famous Casino of Mar del Plata are ready to welcome the most demanding customers. The theaters in the city get crowded as the most outstanding plays are presented each season.
The port is one of the city’s main attractions offering a first-hand experience of sea fishing and its sea product restaurants.
The surroundings are also beautiful. Visitors may access places such as Sierra de los Padres Lagoon, the beaches of nearby Chapadmalal or the hilly City of Balcarce.
Mar del Plata is the perfect combination for those who seek quietness and relax as well as the possibility of finding the constant hustle and bustle in each corner of town.
ABOUT BUENOS AIRES
Buenos Aires is the capital city of Argentina and it is one of the largest cities in Latin America, a vibrant city, that especially comes alive at night.
Paris of the South? Or stylish Latin America capital with European flair? Old world blends with new in Buenos Aires, Argentina’s bustling metropolis that will have you sighing over its Belle Époque architecture, cobblestone streets lined with adorable cafés and boutiques, and neighborhoods (barrios) bursting with personality.
No city has a bigger passion for football than Buenos Aires. It is evident in the love people show for their teams, and in the fact that Buenos Aires has more soccer stadiums than any other city in the world. The most famous is La Bombonera, “the chocolate bowl”, home to Boca Juniors.
First-time visitors tend to associate Buenos Aires with tango, steak, and wine—that trifecta of local passions—but the Argentine capital’s French buildings, Italian food, and Spanish nightlife also tell the story of a city with one foot in Latin America and the other in Europe. Tree-lined avenues, a thriving nightlife and great food and wine make the Argentinian capital one of the most exciting cities in the continent.
MAIN PACKAGE INCLUSIONS:
- Transfer in / out Buenos Aires
- 7 nights’ accommodations (4 in Buenos Aires, 3 in Mar del Plata), breakfast included.
- Welcome dinner at Buenos Aires steak restaurant
- Dinner Tango Show at Piazzolla Tango. Groupal Tango lesson included
- Lunch at Belgrano Athletic R.C. or San Isidro Rugby Club.
- Facilities for training or to play a friendly rugby fixture in Buenos Aires
- Malbec wine tasting in Buenos Aires
- Private bus transfer Buenos Aires – Mar del Plata – Buenos Aires
- Welcome Festival Dinner at Mar del Plata
- Full day of rugby fixtures at Comercial RC. 3 games guaranteed as minimum per team. Lunch and free beer included all day long
- Final Dinner and Award’s Festival Ceremony
- Disco Party at Mar del Plata disco
- Transfers for all activities included in the itinerary
- Local bilingual representative during all the tour through Argentina
Please note that there is not a Fee Inscription cost per team or per player, but all participants and their traveling partners must purchase one of the official packages.
EXTENSIONS PRE OR POST FESTIVAL
- 2 nights to Cataratas de Iguazú (Argentina)
- 3 nights to Mendoza (Argentina)
- 3 nights to Salta and Jujuy (Argentina)
- 3 nights to Calafate (Patagonia Argentina)
- 3 nights to Bariloche (Patagonia Argentina)
- 2 nights to Montevideo (Uruguay)
- 3 nights to Santiago (Chile)
- 4 nights to Rio de Janeiro (Brasil)
EXTRAS / OPTIONALS (NOT INCLUDED)
- Tickets and transfers to watch a local football matches and experience the unique atmosphere that make it one of the top sports events.
- Extra friendly rugby match against traditional rugby club followed by after match function (available in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay).
- Night clubs, Karaoke, Disco & Beer Party Show in Buenos Aires.
- Visit to a rugby club where you can share a Barbecue, great wine and beer with the locals (available in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay).
- Golf days, available in Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata. Clubs available for rent.
- Hospitality meetings with former players and coaches of “Los Pumas”.
- Shopping tours to leather factory outlets.
- Visit a traditional local Estancia (traditional ranch) where you can experience daily rural life and taste some of the finest BBQ´s in your life.
- Meet and give a hand in some of the local social programs around rugby like Virreyes Rugby Club, Botines Solidarios, Proyecto Virreyes and Rugby Sin Fronteras.
DON’T MISS THE CHANCE TO COME TO ARGENTINA , A GOOD DESTINATION FOR RUGBY PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE TO ENJOY THE PLEASURES OF LIFE
For further information, prices or to do a reservation, please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org